Followers

Friday, December 3, 2010

Non Verbal Learning Disorder

This past August I was diagnosed with a non verbal learning disorder. Because of it, I have to do vocational rehab here. Even though I wanted to be a writer, I decided to work my way up to becoming a paralegal. I'll just keep writing as a hobby and maybe do it here.

Non verbal learning disorder basically means I have problems with anything that isn't verbal. I have issues reading body language and I can't understand a person's tone of voice sometimes. Another issue is me not picking up on social cues well either. My speech is also very fast and I have a tendency to ram my words together. Some more issues that go along with it are problems with math, horrible handwriting, keeping things organized, and having horrible social skills. I don't know how to talk to the opposite sex well or converse with people at all, even though I'm good with language. I'm basically shy until I get to know someone, then I feel at ease with the person.

This is just a cornerstone for all you readers (whoever you may be)to get to know me a bit.

Now playing: Riders On The Storm by The Doors

No comments:

Post a Comment